She agonized over the decision and spent quite a bit of time on the Internet looking for the right style. I am absolutely no help at all. She showed me pictures and all I dared to say was "I like it". There wasn't any way I was going to take responsibility for a decision of that magnitude. I know she is beautiful and it really wouldn't matter what style she picked. It would look great. She would look great bald headed. Unfortunately she doesn't see it that way. As a result she really was anxious.
Thursday finally rolled around and the deed was done. She texted me a self picture shortly afterwards and I have to admit I was a little bit stunned. It was shorter than I expected but it was the perfect cut. She looks amazing. I am so glad she did it. She looks, and I think, feels younger. That is always a good thing for anyone. I've always felt like I am who I am, take me or leave me, your choice. Women very seldom feel that way.
A couple of pelicans heading across the bay
It's almost down
The end of another day
Thursday was also Dana's birthday. Jackie had a party for him Saturday evening. He cooked crawfish, shrimp and oysters along with the usual potatoes, corn and sausage. There were several couple friends of theirs in attendance along with us. Both kids had sleepovers at friends homes so Jackie and Dana were kidless. As it turned out so were the other couples. It was a great party and everyone had a lot of fun. The food was great and the adult beverages were flowing for the younger than us crowd. I couldn't help but think back to the days when we had parties that went on into the night.
They moved the furniture aside and started dancing at about 10. We hung around to about 11. It would have been nice to stay longer but we had about an hour to drive and Sam had been left alone for quite awhile. Before we left a friend who shall remain nameless decided to have some fun with me. He is quite the jokester and is always going for the shock effect. He was standing in front of me dancing and just started backing into me. I tried to get out of his way but he just kept backing and grinding into me. It took me a second to realize what he was doing but everyone else caught on real quick. I guess I must have looked shocked because they all laughed. I owe him one and will not forget. Paybacks can be a *itch my friend.
The birthday boy checking on his pot

Some of the gang
Now that's a project
Today we hung out and got a few things done around the house. We had some friends stop by while they were canal cruising and it was just enough of a break that I didn't feel like I worked all day.
Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod





Connie ~ congratulations on taking the plunge on the haircut. I'm sure it was an agonizing decision, but I agree with Rod - I'm sure you're beautiful in whatever style you chose. C'mon Rod, we need pictures! How can you talk about it and not include a picture??!?
ReplyDeleteC&T
Dad, I was laughing so hard at your post regarding the dance... They say you learn something "new" everyday..well when he's around and the music's on keep your distance!
ReplyDeleteYour right about mom's hair~She looked amazing Saturday and was glowing the whole night :) She's a beautiful friend~