Our street is high and dry but the street which connects ours to the main road is lower and is susceptible to flooding at high tide. This morning we woke to a tide elevation of about 4.5 ft. That is 3.5 feet above our normal high tide. We are flooded in until the tide drops a little. I expect it to go down later this morning when we will be able to get out without driving through salt water. I took this picture at the end of our street with my iPhone.
That's Sam at the right looking for a potty spot.
I picked up my mower from the repair shop on Wednesday last week. I called and cancelled the lawn service in anticipation of being able to start my own mowing again. Boy I hated to make that call. It rained from Wednesday to midday Saturday. I didn't try the mower until Monday when things had dried out a little. It fired right up but quit after about 20 seconds. I tried it twice more with the same results then it wouldn't start at all. It's back at the shop where it will hopefully be fixed right this time. The funny thing was it ran great at the shop when I picked it up.
I mentioned in the last blog our water lines in the trailer have been getting plugged. We didn't have anything planned last weekend so I messed around trying to get them cleared out most of Saturday and Sunday. I was able to finally get water flowing through all of the faucets and found the source of my problems. There is an anode in the water heater that protects the tank from corrosion. This anode was about shot and the accumulated buildup was breaking free as we drove down the road. The stuff was working its way into the lines. I flushed the tank for about 20 to 30 minutes and couldn't believe how much crap came out of it. From now on when we return home from a trip I will be draining the tank. I ordered a new anode and check valve the other day. We should be as good as new in a week or so when the parts get here. As a note to you RVers they told me that anode should be changed at least annually so add it to your check list.
We did go to the kids house late Saturday afternoon. Dana had ordered the Ultimate Fighting match on pay per view and was cooking fajitas. The usual gang was there along with some new folks that Dana & Jackie had met through Megan's softball team.
We ate lots of good food, drank some adult beverages to prevent dehydration in the heat and had a great time as we always do at their house. Chase had a minor mishap by slipping on the rocks at the edge of the pool and scrapping his back but he'll live to swim again. I bet it was sore the next day though.
Maybe I shouldn't bet since I lost $20 betting on fighters. Every one I picked lost. I did about as good as Rick from http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspot.com did picking World Cup winners. He and I should get together, pool our money, pick a sporting event contestant and bet on their opponent. We'll clean up.
This weather system has brought us some 30 MPH winds and heavy showers. Last night I took these pictures from our deck. The seagulls seemed to know some weather was coming.
I better go check the tide level. Work is waiting.
Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod

Wow, now that is some high water!! Sorry about that mower..sounds like it doesn't mind running it just doesn't want to mow grass. Hopefully it will get fixed this time around.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found the problem with the anode and will be getting that fixed up.
You all take care and hope that water goes down quickly.
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com
adiodus for now.
ReplyDelete---chase.
Haha imma start saying that.