After we ate we decided to take a sunset cruise. These cruises are something I'm going to miss when we sell this place. It takes about ten minutes to get the boat lowered, loaded, and ready then we head out into the bay. No trailer to fool with and no boat launch follies to entertain whomever is at the ramp.
We rode around the bay for a little while and then shut the motor off and drifted. There was still a couple of hours of daylight left but off in the distance there were thunderstorms and showers all around us. I had brought the camera anticipating some interesting shots as the sun went down.
The kids tried fishing with lures. I didn't figure they would have any luck and it turned out I was right but they seemed to have fun anyway.
Chase always is aware of the camera
Megan trying to catch "THE BIG ONE!"
We all talked and laughed and were having a great time. I took some pictures and then Chase took some. He really has a good eye for it and with a little practice will be a much better photographer than I could ever dream of being. Here's a few of the shots we took.....
Dana trying his luck
Jackie looking beautiful as always
Chase took this. I thought it was interesting.
Chase took a few of me and his mom.
I like this one of mother and daughter. I converted it to B&W with Picasa.
Jackie & Dana got a little crazy with their poses
The happy couple
The whole family
Chase caught this frigate bird taking off
Storm clouds rolling in but the suns still trying to shine on Jamaica Beach
Out-running the rain
No worries here....
because her brother's driving
We made it home without getting wet. Jackie and Dana went home and we had the added fun of keeping the kids overnight. Sunday we took them fishing but it didn't last long because thunder and lightning started about a half hour after we anchored. We'll get 'em next time.
Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod
Great Pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time.
ReplyDeleteStay Safe
What a fun day! Great pics....looks like Chase has some real talent with the camera. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, you will miss that when you full-time but you will find other things along the way that will be just as much fun. Trade-offs!!
You all take are and have a great week.
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com
I better clarify....you will miss the "cruises" when you full-time. I started reading what I wrote (too late to edit) and realized I didn't add the word cruises. Sorry!!
ReplyDeleteMike & Gerri"
Mmm, mmm...fish tacos. Connie, you make the best! Your chipotle mayo has become a staple in our house. We not only use it on our fish tacos, but on sandwhiches, burgers and anything else we can. What great pictures. Looks like it was a wonderful time. The only one missing was Sam! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous time on the water! Your photos were outstanding..great looking kids, beautiful scenery...Who could ask for more?? Enjoy your blog..
ReplyDelete