Thursday, June 3, 2010

Messed Up Weekend & Mower

The weekend went not exactly as planned. 

Connie woke up Saturday with stomach issues.  She really felt terrible and was reluctant to get too far from the bathroom.  We just hung out at the house. She spent all day laying on the couch and I did a few chores outside under Sam's watchful eyes.

On Sunday she felt a little better and decided we could go to a friend's fish fry that afternoon.  We went by boat and everything was fine...........for a couple of hours.  She started feeling poorly again so we headed back home and went to bed fairly early.

Monday morning she felt like she was about 90% normal.  We decided to go fishing.  Not being sure how long she would last I decided we would use artificials and not to go get bait.  We chased birds out in the bay for a couple of hours throwing all kinds of plastics.  I had a couple of bumps but that was it.  We are live bait fisherman and the artificial stuff never seems to work for us.  We returned home around five in the afternoon with no fish but it was nice to finally be back on the water in our boat.  That's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching".

That evening we made plans with George & Teresa to go fishing (with bait) early Tuesday. We had a few drinks and chatted with them for a couple of hours. George grilled some burgers and everyone had a good time. Since we all were getting up early it was a short night.

Five thirty in the AM rolled  around and I got up to make coffee.  A few minutes later Connie came down the hall and told me she was sick again.  I asked her if she could still go fishing.  After about thirty seconds of thought she said no, she better not. She told me to go with George & Teresa but I don't enjoy fishing if I'm not with Connie.  She is a hard core fisherwoman. I knew she must really feel bad after we had taken the day off specifically for fishing. I thought about going into the office but decided I would stay with her and work on a couple of side jobs I've got going. 

As it turned out the tides were very weak and it was hot so the fish were hiding out. George told me they fished all over and caught nothing but trash fish. Connie slept most of the day and I got a little caught up so the day wasn't a total waste.

Last night I tried to mow the lawn but the mower wouldn't run. It's only a year old and it's the first mower I've ever had that doesn't have a Briggs & Straton engine. It is a Honda powered Troy Built mower which I figured would last me until we sell the house. I messed with it for about an hour taking things apart that I probably shouldn't have as my mechanical abilities are very limited. I couldn't get it to start so I have to take it to someone who knows what he is doing. I can't imagine that it's anything too serious.

I have to take the F-350 in for a front brake job tomorrow. I love that truck but my wallet hates when it needs work. I guess I'll drop the mower off somewhere too.

Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod

1 comment:

  1. Connie, hope you're feeling better by now. Sounds like a bit of a bummer for a long weekend. Hope the upcoming weekend brings you better luck. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!