Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Easter Crawfish

Happy Easter everybody! We hope y'all had a great day.

Last Sunday was Connie's birthday and we went to Jackie & Dana's to celebrate. As usual Chase made a great production and decorated the house inside and out. He really enjoys family times and it shows in his work to make each one special.




Megan had a softball tournment so she and Dana didn't get home until about 4:00. She hit her first ever homerun on Saturday and hit another one on Sunday (for Nana). She is really turning into quite the athlete and enjoys softball as much as any kid I've seen at that age. She's bugging her father about becoming a pitcher so he's been downloading instructions and they have started practicing.

Nana and the kids

After we ate Connie opened her gifts and of course had to blow out the candles.....

I have to tell on myself here.  I had a little extra time the other morning so I took the F350 which Connie drives to fill up for her. I don't know what the heck I was thinking but I put 28 gallons of gasoline in the diesel truck. Luckily it was only about a mile back to the house so it ran on the diesel in the filters and lines until I was almost home. I called a Ford dealer and they informed me it would cost $250 for towing and $150 to figure out what damage I had done. I hung up feeling a little sick because it was going to cost $400 before draining the tank and repairing any damage. I called a friend of mine who used to be a diesel mechanic. He has a piling/bulkhead business now. He laughed when I told him what I had done. He said not to worry it happens to a lot of people and that he would send his mechanic over later to take care of it. They drained the gas, cleaned the lines & replaced the filters right in my driveway. Total cost: $150 plus the cost of fuel to fill it. I'll always be grateful George, thanks.

My next incident involved the boat. I decided to wash it and lowered the lift. Got it washed and went to raise it back up when one of the cables snapped. The boat crashed down into the water but missed the dock thank God. Total cost for that: $315.

I went to work on Thursday and fired up my computer. It decided to take a crap so I couldn't finish a project I've been working on since January. I called our IT department and got a voicemail telling me to send them an email.  HELLO, if I could send an email I wouldn't need you!

I'm getting a little shell shocked and afraid to touch anything.

Yesterday Dana & Jackie had a crawfish boil to get the family together for Easter. Dana's Dad, brother & girlfriend, Aunt & Uncle with their kids, D & J's best friends and Connie & I had a great time and stuffed ourselves. I have always been the  crawfish cook and Dana has been my help. This time he wanted to do it himself so I just stayed in the background and kept my mouth shut. He did a great job and the mudbugs were perfect. You learned well grasshopper!

Meagan took this picture of me and did pretty good considering the subject matter

Megan showing me her new hamster (don't call her a rat Papa!)
In her Easter dress

My buddy posing
Dad was busy cooking so he's missing
The water was too cold for swimming although the kids did later
Yummm!

Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod

3 comments:

  1. Hope y'all had a great Easter day, tell Connie we said happy belated birthday.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures dad!! We had a great time as always! The crawfish came out so yummy! Dana's had a great teacher!

    Love Ya'll,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, you commented on Al's picture of the yellow daffodils with the black and white background.
    Picasa has a place to do that in their 'view & edit'. Right click on a photo, and it has all kinds of options for editing.
    Other programs have it I am sure, but I just use Picasa as I am not very clever with computers or picture editing, so Picasa is easy for me.
    I just import my photos from my camera straight to Picasa so I can edit them first.
    I see a lot of pictures where you can tell that they should of 'lightened', 'straightened' or 'cropped' them before posting. Picasa does not change or remove your original, you can still keep it, if you wish. You just send the 'edited' one to your computer for posting, but I usually like the 'edited' one better and delete the original!
    GeeksOnTour has a lot of info about Picasa.
    Happy Trails, Penny,TX.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!