I think my run of breaking everything I touch is over. I did wake up to a flat tire one morning last week. I hauled the compressor and hose out of the garage but the air was coming out of the back of the tire as fast as I was pumping it in the stem. I reached around the tire and found that the tread had separated from the tire casing. I knew the tires were getting pretty worn and i guess it came apart due to age. I changed out the tire and went to the Firestone dealer for replacements. Three hours, four tires and $620 later I made it to work.
Saturday I got up at the usual work day time to take Sam up to the "Bed and Biscuit" for a grooming and haircut. He has been shedding terribly. Connie sweeps the floor and a half hour later it looks like we have a dog hair carpet not hardwood flooring. Here he is in his new do...
When I dropped him off they said he would be ready by noon and they would call me. I ran a few errands and then went to the kid's house to kill some time. At 1:00 I still had not heard anything so I called them. They said he wouldn't be ready until 3:30. I explained that we had a wedding to go to so they agreed to have him done by 2:00. I dropped him off at 8:15 and don't understand what took so long since we were 2nd in line.
Sam and I got back home about 3:00. Connie was already dressed and ready to go to the wedding. She wanted me to see how she looked. I don't know why she worries about my opinion, she has always been the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I got ready and we headed to the big doins. An old friend of ours has been divorced for about six years and found someone he wants to settle down with. Good luck George and Carre. It was a nice ceremony (read short) and the party afterwards was a good time. We visited with a lot of old friends we had not seen in a long time.
Sunday I spent the day doing our income taxes. I got Connie real excited about 4:00 when I told her we had about $4,000 coming back. I was ready to hit the transmit button and send the return on it's way to the IRS when it occured to me that $4000 was way more refund than we had ever got before. I spent an hour going over all my figures and entries on the forms. Finally I realized that I had entered my expenses for business use of our home wrong. I was essentially deducting things twice. I corrected that and it brought our refund down to a few hundred dollars. Oh well at least I have less chance of an audit.
Adios for now, enjoy the day.
--Rod
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!