Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Christmas Parade and Carnival

We headed up to League City where our daugher, son-in-law and grandkiddos live yesterday afternoon. It was freezing cold but we managed to stay from 2:30 until after 9:00 p.m. to watch our grandson Chase, participate in a Tai Kung Do Demostration before and during the parade.

People were everywhere and we thought we were smart by bringing chairs and placing them right up against the barricaes but OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO, people still managed to stand in front of us on our side of the barricade. Where have good manners gone? Sheesh!

Anyway, we had a great time. The park is absolutely beautiful!

It was so hard to get good pictures of a moving target and a parade, my camera didn't know what to focus on but here are a couple of pictures of Chase in the pre-parade demo.


Obviously, he's contemplating every step of his routine in his head. LOL




We're really proud of him for sticking with this and now he's even part of the Premier Team who perform demos at malls, schools and events.

I'll admit its been awhile since I rode any carnival rides and I was hesitant when I saw the rust on the first one our grandaughter wanted to ride. She was going to go with her Daddy and I was going to ride with my daughter but plans changed and I rode with her. Little did I know this was her first big ride. She was scared, having fun, then scared, then having fun, and screaming her lungs out over the top of my screams, which was quite a feat in itself.


Okay, after looking at the picture a little closer, its obvious "I" was the one who was scared.



Our daughter Jackie, seemed to take it all in stride.


Megan and Dana her Dad moved on to more rides. I decided to sit this one out.


There was just no stopping her, as long as Daddy would go. LOL

We all had a really great time. I wished my pictures of Chase had come out better. I think its time for a new camera. Here's a shot of Rod, me, our beautiful daughter Jackie and Son-in-law Dana.



Megan, our 7 year old grandaughter took this picture.

In closing, I found the cutest decoration and our wish to y'all as well this holiday season...


Warmest regards,
Connie

4 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed spending time with ya'll yesterday! I know it was a long cold day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fantastic event and a great way to kick off the Christmas season. But you guys look like you're dreassed for Colorado! Oh wait, you're in the tropics - we had a high of 10 degrees here today! BRRR, can't wait to become snowbirds. Even a high of 30's and 40's is better than single digits!

    Connie, there's no doubt that Jackie is your daughter...she looks just like you! :)

    -Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "you guys look like you're dreassed for Colorado! " LOL

    Connie, we'll have to take a beach picture when the weather warms back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today and really enjoyed it. Looks like you and Rod are having a lot of fun. Just take off as much as you can. Enjoy life!!!

    Rollie & Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!