Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Christmas Present to Ourselves

Rod and I don't always go crazy on gifts for eachother, it's more important that we give than receive. However, this year we splurged on a really good camera. Our gift to eachother arrived a couple of days before Christmas. It's a Nikon D90 with all the bells and whistles including 5 lenses, 2 tripods, filters, the list goes on. It's a hobby of Rod's and I am slowly learning.

Expect an improvement in our photography once we learn how to use it. We've always had a 35mm, our last being a Nikon. I just have to read the manual and start using it the way its intended instead of my current method of point and shoot and settings on auto. lol Rod has been reading and playing with it since we got it. He's shown me a few things but I really need to read it myself in order to retain anything.

We are both back to work this week, but will get the grandkiddos tomorrow for a day or two and celebrate New Year's with them. Hopefully, we can find a fireworks display somewhere close by. I still have to get my black eye'd peas, ham and cabbage for New Year's day. There are so many different traditions.

One year, we putted down the canal in our boat with a group of friends right at midnight and a lady through a bucket of water on us. I thought, WTH? I asked her why she did that and she told me, in Cuba, they throw a bucket of water out the window or off their porch right at midnight to rid themsevels of all the bad things that happened the prior year. She didn't realize our boat was passing by as she heaved a 5 gallon bucket of water over the rail. :)

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want. ~ Traditional Irish toast

 New Year’s Reflections

 Looking back on the months gone by,
As a new year starts and an old one ends,
We contemplate what brought us joy,
And we think of our loved ones and our friends.


Recalling all the happy times,
Remembering how they enriched our lives,
We reflect upon who really counts,
As the fresh and bright new year arrives.


And when we ponder those who do,
We immediately think of you.


To all our family and friends...
Thanks for being one of the reasons we had a great 2009 and 2010 will be even better!




Happy New Year 2010 Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook
Comments and Graphics - New Year Layouts - Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good thing it was water. Happy New Year, hope to see y'all on the road.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!