The house is on the market and the waiting game has begun.
We've been working non stop since New Years and finally we have the house finished. It's not done the way we had envisioned it way back when we started remodeling but retirement plans have changed since then and there's no sense in pouring money into what will hopefully be someone else's house shortly.
We have some landscaping and general cleanup to do outside but nothing we don't do every spring anyway.
I have great memories of this house and will be a little sad to leave it. That sadness will disappear as we get started on the next phase of our life together. I can't wait.
Other than the work on the house our lives have been alittle boring. Breaking pipes and a commode was a little exciting though.
Two weeks ago Connie was laid off from her job. We figured it was coming sooner or later but had hoped for later. She was pretty down for a few days. Once she realized that selling the house and moving our plan ahead is where she needs to spend her energy her whole attitude changed. She's been working like an illegal every day since. We wouldn't be ready yet if not for her hard work.
I'll keep working until we have the house sold. I let my boss know of the updated plan last Monday and he seemed pleased that I would probably be around a little longer.
Sam is very happy having Connie home every day. Maybe following her around all day instead of napping will get a few pounds off of him.
We had a realtor come by Saturday. Her reaction upon entering was quite encouraging. She said the house was "the most unique on the market right now". She went on and on about all the work and finishing touches we put on the house. Her comments made me feel like all the hard work was worth it. I can usually tell when someone is blowing smoke up my butt. I don't think she was.
She seems to think that we have it priced right to get a sale sooner rather than later. I hope she's right. I would sure like a closing by April 29th. That would give me time enough to turn in my paperwork and retire May 31.
I called a friend after the realtor left and told him to keep an eye out for anyone who was interested in a used boat. He replied that one of his long time buddies was in fact looking for a used boat. Long story short, they came by yesterday and he wants the boat but wants to make sure his wife is totally OK with it before committing to the purchase. So I'm just waiting for him to call.
Selling the boat is going to be a big emotional shock for both of us. We've had it 8 years and I can't describe the wonderful times and exciting adventures we've had with it. Seeing the "Emma Too" go down the road is going to be hard but she just doesn't fit into the retirement plans.
That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post more often and add some pictures soon.
Adios for now, enjoy life.
--Rod
We've been working non stop since New Years and finally we have the house finished. It's not done the way we had envisioned it way back when we started remodeling but retirement plans have changed since then and there's no sense in pouring money into what will hopefully be someone else's house shortly.
We have some landscaping and general cleanup to do outside but nothing we don't do every spring anyway.
I have great memories of this house and will be a little sad to leave it. That sadness will disappear as we get started on the next phase of our life together. I can't wait.
Other than the work on the house our lives have been a
Two weeks ago Connie was laid off from her job. We figured it was coming sooner or later but had hoped for later. She was pretty down for a few days. Once she realized that selling the house and moving our plan ahead is where she needs to spend her energy her whole attitude changed. She's been working like an illegal every day since. We wouldn't be ready yet if not for her hard work.
I'll keep working until we have the house sold. I let my boss know of the updated plan last Monday and he seemed pleased that I would probably be around a little longer.
Sam is very happy having Connie home every day. Maybe following her around all day instead of napping will get a few pounds off of him.
We had a realtor come by Saturday. Her reaction upon entering was quite encouraging. She said the house was "the most unique on the market right now". She went on and on about all the work and finishing touches we put on the house. Her comments made me feel like all the hard work was worth it. I can usually tell when someone is blowing smoke up my butt. I don't think she was.
She seems to think that we have it priced right to get a sale sooner rather than later. I hope she's right. I would sure like a closing by April 29th. That would give me time enough to turn in my paperwork and retire May 31.
I called a friend after the realtor left and told him to keep an eye out for anyone who was interested in a used boat. He replied that one of his long time buddies was in fact looking for a used boat. Long story short, they came by yesterday and he wants the boat but wants to make sure his wife is totally OK with it before committing to the purchase. So I'm just waiting for him to call.
Selling the boat is going to be a big emotional shock for both of us. We've had it 8 years and I can't describe the wonderful times and exciting adventures we've had with it. Seeing the "Emma Too" go down the road is going to be hard but she just doesn't fit into the retirement plans.
That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post more often and add some pictures soon.
Adios for now, enjoy life.
--Rod
I hope the house sells quickly. Soon, we may see you on the road! :)
ReplyDeletehope your house sells quickly!..good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck on the sale of your house and hope the deal is clinched on the boat. you will have other things to keep you busy once your on the road. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the house and getting for the road!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are moving along!! I hope you have great luck with the house sale, and the boat sale!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis has to be sooo exciting....starting a new chapter in your lives..Sounds like current houses are selling better now..It's the new home "building" that isn't moving...Best of luck...and keep us all informed!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing the house,I hope it sells quickly:)
ReplyDelete