Hi everybody! Sam here.
Mom and Dad been busy so I'm posting a update.
Chase turned 13. Dad said it made him feel older than when he turned 60. We went to Chase's party and had fun. I met my new cousin Sebastian. We sniffed our butts and figured out I was boss but that got me in trouble. Dad says I need to be more polite to him. I guess trying to beat him up isn't polite. He just better stay away from my Mom. She's mine.
Mom & Dad have been working on our house. They move stuff out of one room into another. Then they smear stuff on the walls and ceiling. Then Dad nails boards up around the top and bottom of the walls. I don't like that pressor thingy that makes noise when Dad is nailing. It scares me. Then they smear stuff on the boards with brushes. Not brushes like they brush me with, another kind.
After that they move everything back. Then they move everything out of another room and start again. I don't think it's fun 'cause they spend all night talking about how much their backs hurt.
I try to help but they keep telling me "get out of the way Sam". Dad keeps going up and down stairs to get stuff and I go with him every time. If he thinks he's gonna sneak off for a ride without me he's crazy.
They keep talking about selling our house. I hope that doesn't mean we will be homeless. I see homeless dogs on the Seawall and they look sad. And skinny. No treats for them I guess. Hi, I'm Sam and I'm a treat addict.
It's been cold here all week. Dad plugs Mom's truck in at night. It looks like a big funny appliance. They put a heater thing in the garage for Scooter. It's no fun being a tortoise in the cold I bet. I get to stay in the house and sleep in my warm beds, not under a rock. In the cold garage.
Dad and Mom get to stay home with me today (yay!) 'cause everything is covered in ice. I went out to do my business and all my feet slipped out from under me. I landed on my belly on the cold deck. Mom laughed but I didn't think it was funny. I couldn't get downstairs. We'll see how funny she thinks it is when I pee on her leg. I can only hold it so long you know.
Adios for now, enjoy life.
--Sam
Mom and Dad been busy so I'm posting a update.
Chase turned 13. Dad said it made him feel older than when he turned 60. We went to Chase's party and had fun. I met my new cousin Sebastian. We sniffed our butts and figured out I was boss but that got me in trouble. Dad says I need to be more polite to him. I guess trying to beat him up isn't polite. He just better stay away from my Mom. She's mine.
Mom & Dad have been working on our house. They move stuff out of one room into another. Then they smear stuff on the walls and ceiling. Then Dad nails boards up around the top and bottom of the walls. I don't like that pressor thingy that makes noise when Dad is nailing. It scares me. Then they smear stuff on the boards with brushes. Not brushes like they brush me with, another kind.
After that they move everything back. Then they move everything out of another room and start again. I don't think it's fun 'cause they spend all night talking about how much their backs hurt.
I try to help but they keep telling me "get out of the way Sam". Dad keeps going up and down stairs to get stuff and I go with him every time. If he thinks he's gonna sneak off for a ride without me he's crazy.
They keep talking about selling our house. I hope that doesn't mean we will be homeless. I see homeless dogs on the Seawall and they look sad. And skinny. No treats for them I guess. Hi, I'm Sam and I'm a treat addict.
It's been cold here all week. Dad plugs Mom's truck in at night. It looks like a big funny appliance. They put a heater thing in the garage for Scooter. It's no fun being a tortoise in the cold I bet. I get to stay in the house and sleep in my warm beds, not under a rock. In the cold garage.
Dad and Mom get to stay home with me today (yay!) 'cause everything is covered in ice. I went out to do my business and all my feet slipped out from under me. I landed on my belly on the cold deck. Mom laughed but I didn't think it was funny. I couldn't get downstairs. We'll see how funny she thinks it is when I pee on her leg. I can only hold it so long you know.
Adios for now, enjoy life.
--Sam
Hey Sam, this is Rigg's up in MO.I'm Sam & Donna's black lab,Wow did you say ice We just has a blizzard here Dad says it's when the snow and wind don't stop all day & night, but to get us in the mood first we had a day of ice storms, where everything was covered in ice, I did the same as you and fell on my butt.But then we get 15 inches of snow, boy that's a lot, you have to jump up and down to get across the yard, and then roll around to make a flat spot so you can do you business.Hope you get warmer weather soon, it will be awhile around here before I get to swim at the doggie park.Have fun,your buddy, Rigg's...
ReplyDeleteHey Sam, this is Sammy, I really know what you mean about the ice and snow! I can't go for a walk without slipping alot on the ice! But at least I don't have to sniff to see where the other dogs have "gone".
ReplyDeleteMom was nice enough to dig me a little path in the yard for my business, but I still slide on the deck to get there.
Not fun!
But staying home is nice and warm, and the treats keep coming because Mom feels bad because it's too cold for a walk.
I am such a treat addict too!
But then again snow can be fun, I like romping in it! Making little Sammy tracks!
Take care out there and be safe!
Sammy
hey there Sam..sounds like things are busy at your house!..mine?..just me and the cat while Mom and Dad are at work..how much fun can it be to play with a cat all day!?..lots!..I love my 'brudder'...
ReplyDeletejust think once your mom and dad are done working on the house...you will get a new house !!!
heading to go to 'daycare' to play with my four legged friends..I love 'daycare'..Mom and Dad are busy doing 'human stuff'...groceries etc..so time for me to have some fun!..
try and stay out of the way..things are better that way!
Tucker, from British Columbia!
Hi Sam, Hunter here! How are you old friend? I remember my moms going through a similar ritual. Before I knew it, my house was bare. They even had the gall to get rid of some of my stuffies, but there was no way they were going to take my beds! I was so confused, but it turned out ok. I moved into a new house and we take it everywhere we go (mostly). And even though I had to give up my yard, the good news is that I get walks at least twice a day now.
ReplyDeleteThese humans are strange sometimes and I won't even try to explain them, but I remember your mom and dad and they obviously love you very lots, so don't worry. It will all turn out great. I hope to see you someday again. Until then, stay cool!