Monday, September 13, 2010

Nature's Gift

For some time now, I have admired the incredible beauty and have a deep appreciation of the photographs posted up by fellow bloggers.  I want to personally thank you for sharing your adventures with us and taking the time to take pictures and upload them to your blogs. Reading your blogs and looking at your photography is always my favorite time of day.

As I sit here typing, still busy with the day-to-day routine of what society has deemed necessary at this point in our life, I was thinking. (I can see Rod rolling his eyes already.) ;) Bear with me on this because its meant as a reminder to those who still have their feet firmly planted in a somewhat unfulfilling routine.

This post is to share how nature affects me, its a special gift I give myself everyday. There really is something to "stop and smell the roses" that plays an important role for many of us. I know RV'rs "get it" but for those of you who read and wonder why we live in a perfectly wonderful house but long to go sleep in the woods, this is for you. ;)

I am a firm believer that each and every one of us should listen to good music and be one with nature everyday of our lives. It not only keeps us grounded, it is necessary to maintain a good attitude in my opinion. It helps our spirit remain light and free, and it serves to replenish us.

Witnessing something in nature or taking a moment to enjoy its beauty first hand, opens up a place in my mind that is otherwise occupied by things that I cannot change, or negativity and just the everyday pressures and anxieties of living life. Don't we all need that mini-vacation once in awhile? I do, and its a beautiful thing when it happens and a necessary part of my life.

When I am in the woods or out in the bay, its when I actually focus on the impact of nature and its wonderful affects. Aside from looking at my surroundings, I like to close my eyes and absorb the sounds of nature. The positive affects are something you just can't put a price on or replace with anything else.

I find that if I am surrounded by pure acoustics of the environment, that it gives me feeling of overwhelming calm that is hard to experience in urban surroundings.  Lately, I am trying harder not to have to cram this activity into stolen time. Instead, I choose to derive pleasure from nature every chance I get, even if for only a short moment since it awakens so many good feelings.

Birds chirping, the sounds of crickets (which I think I hear now, are y'all bored with this already? ;) ) deep sounds in the woods of animals scurrying about looking for food and water, thunder rumbling softly in the distance, the sound of raindrops dancing on the things around me... each drop making a new and different sound, the hum of the ocean or waves crashing on the beach, the calls of seagulls, a babbling brook, frogs croaking (my favorite) – this is nature's music and I love to listen.

There are no so many positive effects from listening to sounds of nature.  So why not give yourself this gift? You're worth it, you deserve at least a few moments a day to revive your spirit and awaken your senses.

The scent of nature also makes me breath deeper and more intensely. Especially this time of year when fall is in the air. I remember what Autumn smells like from growing up the in the Adirondacks. I love this time of year and envy those of you who are experiencing it right now.

It's wonderful to let your mind go on a little adventure of its own. And, no matter where you are, you can always find something in nature to listen to or see. When I give myself this gift, my state of mind turns positive, energy and good feelings emerge, I feel healed somehow. An added bonus as Rod can attest, I'm much easier to live with. ;)

RV'rs have a heightened sense of awareness due to being surrounded by nature, so this post will serve as a reminder to those who forget to "stop and smell the roses."

Can you tell I've had my dose of nature today? ;)

Breath it in, its there for the taking. :)

Be well,
Connie

6 comments:

  1. A grand post, I remember when I was working I would read blogs and wonder how long it would be before I was the one posting pictures of places we have gone to. Yesterday evening I built my first campfire of our full time living and sitting outside for that long we were able to here all that you described. Life is good. God is good. Looking forward to seeing y'all on the road when your day arrives. It will be here before you know it.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!! I so agree with you on everything you said. Nature is a gift that is available to everybody both full-timer as well as full-other unfortunately not everybody takes that gift. I can tell from your blog that you and Rod will be the type of full-timer that appreciates and enjoys all that God has provided in His world to enjoy.

    Your pics will be there sharing what your souls are experiencing and won't that be a GREAT day!!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone ever told you that you have an "old soul"...By "old", I mean wise and gentle...This is exactly why I feel a kinship to the understandings of the Native Americans. They took in nature with each breath, and gave back to nature in everyway...You are wise beyond your years, and I love that you embrace what some people see as everyday occurences...Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie,

    Wonderful entry today. This past week has been absolutely beautiful up here in Canadian Rocky's. Fall is in the air for sure. In just two days the leaves have all turned yellow and gold. The smell is unbelievable as you described so beautifully. I know you and Rod will one day see us out here and will enjoy it as much if not more than us. Take care and enjoy,
    Rollie & Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, nature is indeed a gift. I have spent more time out in nature this summer than I think I ever have in my life...and I love it. I can never get enough.

    Thanks for including the picture. It reminds me of my childhood!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading today and taking the time to leave us a message!