I'm conducting a CPR and First Aid class today and a Crisis Intervention class tomorrow, then off on Friday and Monday. WOOHOO Rain or shine, having this opportunity to take the grandkiddos camping surely beats most anything else we love to do.
I'll shop for the groceries tonight and Rod promised to make his "award winning" chili for Friday when we arrive at our site. The grocery list changes when you bring kids and since they both enjoy cooking with me it'll be fun.
It seems to me that if I start packing little things several days before we leave I am never in a frensy when its time to hit the road. I also don't forget things as easily this way.
The kids are really excited and so are we. If it rains all day Saturday then they will get a lesson in Mexican Train and Partini games. ;)
As a kid, my fondest memories are of camping with my parents. Its a great time for bonding and one-on-one time with eachother. When it rained, we played cards, dug trenches around the tent and even though all five of us kids were stuck in a tent through thunder and lightening and torrential downpours we had the best of times. It was an old canvas army tent with what seemed to be a 4x4 to hold it up in the center. My brother always made a point to touch the canvas just above my head when it rained so I would get dripped on all night long. LOL
Right now this little mini vacation it just what we need. Wishing you a wonderful weekend too !
-Connie
How did the camping trip go?
ReplyDeleteRandy and Pam:
ReplyDeleteWe all had such a great time. The kids were so filthy dirty I KNOW they had fun. Such a nice break for everyone of us.
We will have something up tonight or tomorrow, we took plenty of pictures.
-Connie